The QualiChain project is organising a special issue on Blockchain-Based Decentralised Solutions for Learner Empowerment, Education Reengineering and Public Sector Transformation. This special issue will be published in the new Elsevier journal Blockchain: Research and Applications.
This special issue explores how learner empowerment, education reengineering and public sector transformation can be achieved via blockchain-based decentralised solutions. These solutions cover a wide range of applications within education and employment, including the storing, sharing and verification of education and employment qualifications. Particular emphasis is given on the assessment of the potential of blockchain technology, algorithmic techniques and computational intelligence for disrupting the domain of public education, as well as its interfaces with private education, the labour market, public sector administrative procedures and the wider socio-economic developments.
The topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Methodologies and decentralised technological solutions for the archiving, management and verification of education and employment qualifications.
- Applications of blockchain technology and decentralisation in lifelong learning for transparent and immutable educational accreditation.
- Applications of blockchain technology and decentralisation in higher education processes for smart curriculum design and student accreditation.
- Applications of blockchain technology and decentralisation in public and private sector recruitment processes.
- Provision of competency management services and skill development services via blockchain-based decentralised solutions.
- Evaluation methodologies and impact assessment of blockchain-based decentralised solutions, algorithmic techniques and computational intelligence.
Manuscript Preparation and Submission Instructions
This journal is a peer reviewed, open access journal. For all articles submitted, Zhejiang University and Zhejiang University Press will cover the OA fee. Authors do not have to pay any open access publication fee.
Authors should follow the guidelines in “Guide for Authors” in the Blockchain: Research and Applications: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/blockchain-research-and-applications/. The papers submitted to this special issue will be reviewed following the standard peer-review procedures of the journal.
All manuscripts should be submitted in electronic form through the Editorial Manager web site: https://www.editorialmanager.com/bcra/default.aspx. When submitting your manuscript through the submission portal, please select the Article Type: “QualiChain”.
Submission deadline: February 1, 2022
Final decisions: May 1, 2022
Managing Guest Editor
Dr Alexander Mikroyannidis, The Open University, UK. firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Guest Editors
Dr Panagiotis Kokkinakos, National Technical University of Athens, Greece.
Dr Ingo Keck, TIB Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology, Germany.